Polarion User Group - conference - 2018-Dec, Germany
Date: 6 December 2018. Time:08:00-16:00.
Place: Smart Factory OWL, Langenbruch 17, 32657 Lemgo, Germany
Duration: 8 hours.
Audience: 70 people (35 in person + 35 watching online).
Ways to Attend:
|1. Personally - visit the meeting:||Smart Factory OWL, Langenbruch 17, 32657 Lemgo, Germany|
Smart Factory OWL premises
|2. Skype - join remote:|| https://join.skype.com/gTVQg1HtjEFX ||
Websites: www.XING.com - Polarion User Group
GARANTIS IT Solutions Ltd. takes active part in organizing the event and presenting some information/sharing experience about Polarion projects.
This Conference is a good chance for users of Polarion to share experience, find solutions, learn new ways to solve common tasks,
to find out about the future plans for Polarion ALM product.
|07:45-08:00 ||Check-in & Coffee||guests arriving|
|08:00-08:15|| Opening||Guido Lange on behalf of Polarion User Group|
Widgets - more User-friendly Features in Polarion
| Konstantin Klioutchinski, Garantis IT Solutions, Berlin|
|11:40-12:05|| Polarion in Agile, SAFe, etc || Jiri Walek, NEXTEDY|
|12:05-12:45|| Making Polarion Part of Field Test Incident Processing ||Daniel Höllisch, AGCO|
|12:05-12:45|| Document Version Control Substituting Baselining in Polarion ||Guido Lange, cip alpha|
|12:45-13:45|| Lunch |
|12:05-12:45|| New in Polarion 18+ ||Radek Krotil, Siemens PLM Software|
|12:05-12:45|| Roadmap Polarion 19 and 20 |
- strategic feature portfolio of Polarion ALM (next production year and partially also beyond)
- strategy and plans regarding Polarion ALM features and tailoring for dedicated industries like automotive, medical etc.
- recent enhancements and further plans for LiveReport Pages/Widgets
- performance and scalability enhancements and plans
|Radek Krotil, Siemens PLM Software|
|12:05-12:45|| Windchill & Enovia Polarion Connectors ||Nicolas Marais, EB Solutions|
|12:05-12:45|| Polarion and DevOps Integration – How Polarion R&D is Using Devops Toolchain ||Radek Krotil, Siemens PLM Software|
|13:45-15:00|| Collection of and discussion on questions and problems when using Polarion ALM |
|15:00-15:15|| Coffee Break |
|17:00-17:15|| Feadback, Good Bye||
Diary of the Conference
The Conference started on time, at around 7:45.
The meeting room was located in the Smart Factory OWL in Lemgo, Germany. The building is very modern and nice, well prepared for conferences.
There is a big hall with modern factory equipment, such as Kuka robots, transport robots, laser machine, 3D printing, and other technologies.
There was a good skype connection and many people listened and watched the presentations via skype (from other countries as well).
The scheduled presentations finished at 17:15 and some people left. However the open discussion
continued untill 18:00. During the conference we had a good chance to ask questions about functionality, problems and plans related to Polarion ALM
and get some more info about Teamcenter integration.
Why JOIN Polarion User Group?
- to have ACCESS and CONTRIBUTE to:
- "WISH LIST" - a centralized list of what users would like to add/change in Polarion.
It is stored in Polarion project, hosted by Polarion User Group.
- "BEST PRACTICIES" - you can find recommendations for different groups of users: for every user, for admin (IT), etc.
It is stored in Polarion project, hosted by Polarion User Group. Project name "PUG_BestPractices".
- "CHANGE REQUESTS + BUG REPORTS" - list of prioritized Change Requests. Users can see which problems are already known.
Project name "PUG_ChangeRequests".
What are other ADVANTAGES of Polarion User Group?
- to find out the latest news about the products and the strategic plans for the future.
- to have a chance to see key people (Project and Product Managers, Developers, Consultants) and to ask questions.
If you do not come to the conference - then you do not have access to these people.
- to listen to other people, about their experience. Case stories presentations show how the products can be used and give you good ideas.
- become known in the professional circles. If you have something to say - then the conference is the best place to become known and to share your ideas.
Review of the Conference - what was said about Polarion ALM
- Polarion User Group (PUG) is now part of "PLM Benutzgruppe" www.plm-benutzergruppe.de. Evolutionary step to give Polarion User Group an Jurisdictional Entity
- Membership fee 490 euros starting 2019. To take part in User Group meetings you need to pay annual membership per company. It gives access for 2 people to the events organized by "Polarion User Group" (and by "PLM Benutzgruppe").
- news about latest and next versions of Polarion ALM (from Siemens/Polarion).
- case studies from customers, including our presentation
Widgets - more User-friendly Features in Polarion
- discussion of problems and solutions, exchange of experience.
See you at PLM Europe - 2019 ?
Come and meet GARANTIS IT Solutions at PLM Europe 2019 in Berlin.
We will be pleased to share and demonstrate our knowledge in Polarion ALM.
Share Expert Knowledge - Meet us at the Conference
GARANTIS will be available to discuss your strategic requirements for ALM Solutions:
- Which ALM solution is good for you?
- Choosing Polarion as ALM solutions
- Initial Setup of Polarion
- Customizations & Maintenance
- Process definition and Implementation of Processes in Polarion
- Integrations (Jenkins, Polarion, GIT, etc)
- Tricks & Tips
We are involved every day in short-term and long-term contracts during all stages of the software development projects.
To share our knowledge with you will be a pleasure for us.
Meet us after the Conference
We are always available to support our clients and to give free advise:
Direct Phone: +44 (0) 118 343 1584